Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My new favourite lens. Nikon 85mm 1.4




I really love my new acquired lens. There is something special about this 85mm 1.4f.
I really love the bokeh, sharpness and the colour renditions. I say this lens is magical.

This prime lens is a must for a photographer although  I have heard that 85mm 1.8f  is just as good. The price difference is significant, even though it is only 2/3 of a stop faster. I have no regrets of buying this lens. If you look at the photos below, it will show you how good this lens is.

As a photographers rule, you shouldn't shoot at a high noon peek and it wouldn't look good and you won't be able to open as wide aperture. Well, I shot these photos at high noon, with a help of an ND Filter. I was able to shoot at wide open aperture.
I'm so pleased of the outcome of this pictures. They are just superb..



Nikon 85mm f/1.4D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras This lens Kicks butt!!










1 comment:

  1. Agreed Arnold .. the Nikkor 85/1.4 excels as a portrait lens. It should since that's what it was designed for.

    Background blur qualities (bokeh) is somewhat subjective (what I like you may not and vice versa) and can change with focus distance. The harshest test of lens out-of-focus rendering is at night when many specular highlights (street lights, signs, etc.) typically appear in the background of an image. Also, don't ignore your background compostion .. even though it may be all soft and creamy looking, it can still be distracting.

    Enjoy learning the "personaility" of this lens and the way it draws an image.

    ReplyDelete